#1 2008-01-23 01:39:21

Maindrian
Second Place Gaymo

Heath Ledger

In case you missed it...

Can't say I was the greatest fan, the only film of his I can remember seeing was A Knights Tale or whatever it was, but after viewing the trailer for The Dark Knight last month, I was rapt with sweaty anticipation for what looks to me like the finest screen Joker ever.

Bit of a downer. Suppose it would be a bit shallow of me to hope I can still see Dark Knight though, eh?

#2 2008-01-23 02:21:40

Lobster Martin
hi

Re: Heath Ledger

Well whatever you think of his line of work Disco, I'm sure he still worked pretty hard on his acting, and in fact probably spent many more years working for it than you'd care to think.

So I'd hardly say it was given to him "freely".

#3 2008-01-23 02:47:40

Maindrian
Second Place Gaymo

Disco, go and look up that Dark Knight trailer, tell me he does not look and act cool as fuck in it.

Regardless of wether you feel sorry for him, you've got to have some kind of sympathy for the child. Plus, 28 is no age to go out. I want to go out aged 105, something really extreme too. Like shoving a load of dynamite under the bed, humping a beautiful lady and setting it of at the moment of climax. Or being eaten by a shark.

#4 2008-01-23 07:17:25

Alfadog
beats eating it

Yeah sorry Disco, it's one thing to not care, but another to call him a douchebag and claim he got where he was "freely". How well do you know him??

I sure as hell don't. To me it's sad that his life was wasted but I'm not going to cry or tell everyone I see how sad it is. I didn't know him so while I feel sorry for his family who have to deal with such a great loss, I'm not going to change my MSN name and make a crappy signature image with his face and a tombstone in it.

Now I dunno how much you know about it, but all I know is that they found sleeping pills near him which were under a prescription to him, and that his family's release said it was accidental. So unless you know more, I wouldn't go drawing conclusions. Yep it looks like it may have been an OD but I think it is rude to immediately assume so.

No doubt the producers of the Batman thing are rubbing their hands... the movie's gunna be big.

#5 2008-01-23 07:30:02

2na

First thing when I got to work this morning the receptionist greeted me with ?did you hear the news?, What.  ?Heath Ledger died? Who?s that?

I?m really terrible with Celebrities I don?t know how everyone keeps up with them, after she rattled off his entire back catalogue of movies A Nights Tail was the only one I knew of and seen parts of.  And I didn?t care for it.

So yeah it?s a sad loss but I?m not going to show sympathy because he was a fellow Auzzie or because he was a Celebrity.  It?s sad yes but am I affected? No?z.

And thresh I find it a bit strange that your having a go at disco after it?s peaty much your option after Colin McRae?s death.

New batman movie looks good mind.

I hope you like me and I fit in with your life.

#6 2008-01-23 08:37:27

ameer
cunt smasher!

JOHN doesn't care about Batman. I DO.

My initial reaction was "why the fuck would I care about Heath Ledger", until I just now read that he plays the new Joker. Yes, that trailer looks badass as fuck, nail on the head.

Tell me production is finished and we're still going to get to see it, right?

QV9djMp.jpg

#7 2008-01-23 09:24:01

John Coffey
Number 1 Cunt

Maindrian wrote:

In case you missed it...

Can't say I was the greatest fan, the only film of his I can remember seeing was A Knights Tale or whatever it was, but after viewing the trailer for The Dark Knight last month, I was rapt with sweaty anticipation for what looks to me like the finest screen Joker ever.

Bit of a downer. Suppose it would be a bit shallow of me to hope I can still see Dark Knight though, eh?

Still say Mark Hammil should have been the joker, best voice for any joker from the animated series, and by far better than Jack Nicklson

and apparerntly he worked really hard to get into the movie scene, "a real rags to riches story" they are saying on the news, and he was slightly less annoying because he wasnt another generic american actor who was totally shit at their job... what really sucks is that he was in the middle of making another film, apparerntly he was ok when they last saw him on the set of The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

At the end of the day thats the cost of being famous, guess it just got to him so he took drugs and overdosed by accident (as far as we can truly tell right now)

And shallow to want to see a film? fuck that... they will probably dedicate the film to him and then it will be released, that way they can justify the release better without the fans bitching saying the movie company doesnt care. well  thats the way i would do it if i made a huge movie like this one and the 2nd main actor died

BOREDOM STRIKES ME LIKE CANCER ON A SMALL CHILD!

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Glipmac/119459506991.jpg[/IMG]

#8 2008-01-23 13:48:02

Lobster Martin
hi

2na wrote:

And thresh I find it a bit strange that your having a go at disco after it?s peaty much your option after Colin McRae?s death..

I'm simply saying that I doubt he was given what he had freely. He probably spent his whole life working on the art.

As for his death, I have no idea how he died, whether he OD'd on a prescription drug or something else, I guess we'll find out.

Also Colin Mcrae took a bunch of kids with him..

#9 2008-01-23 18:16:45

Maindrian
Second Place Gaymo

Coffey wrote:

what really sucks is that he was in the middle of making another film, apparerntly he was ok when they last saw him on the set of The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

Shit, that's Terry Gilliam isn't it? Now I am genuinely sad. It's going to be another Don Quixote job for him, another movie closed down during production, surely? That poor bastard doesn't ever get a break. Tragedy is, when he does manage to get a film out, they're usually bloody excellent, although I've not seen his most recent pair.

Required viewing people, Lost in La Mancha. Perfect example of Gilliam's shitty luck, also fucking heartbreaking.

Here's why I still look forward to Dark Knight. Apparently, during filming, Ledger carried notes on his playing of the character. Included was a list of things the Joker finds funny, among which are things like AIDS, gifted people dying, testicular cancer, umbrellas and so on. Nailed.

#10 2008-01-23 19:19:22

Will
Shovel Headed Kill Machine

Lobster Martin wrote:

Also Colin Mcrae took a bunch of kids with him..

Oh yes. I forget he deliberatley TRIED to crash. MY BAD KTHX. :none:  :cry:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  cool  :biggrin:

-My site got deleted-

gold20lm.jpg

yow90.gif

#11 2008-01-23 20:25:07

Azz
the barbarian. grrr
Website

Shame, quite liked Heath Ledger. The Four Feathers is a cracking film. But then I also liked 10 Things I Hate About You so some might say my judgement is perhaps swayed.

By all accounts (before his death) he rendition of the Joker is going to be something to behold, so fingers crossed he at least goes out with a bang. Or a twisted smile perhaps.

Weird though. Apart from River Phoenix he's one of the first movie stars of my generation to go. Does this mean I'm getting old?

http://azz.gouranga.com
est. 1998
(I am oldskoolier than joo)

#12 2008-01-23 21:01:26

Maindrian
Second Place Gaymo

Not at all Azz.

Apparently Brad Renfro went out the other week as well. Could somebody enlighten me as to who he actually is, what he's been in?

I would google it, but Torchwood is on in a second.

#13 2008-01-23 21:28:32

Alfadog
beats eating it

Maindrian wrote:

things the Joker finds funny, among which are things like AIDS, gifted people dying, testicular cancer, umbrellas and so on. Nailed.

Wow, this sounds remarkably similar to Touge

#14 2008-01-23 22:11:47

Maindrian
Second Place Gaymo

I was wondering how long it would take before somebody drew that connection. Thought it probably best to leave it hanging.  :smilewinkgrin:

#15 2008-01-23 23:45:36

John Coffey
Number 1 Cunt

Maindrian wrote:

Not at all Azz.

Apparently Brad Renfro went out the other week as well. Could somebody enlighten me as to who he actually is, what he's been in?

I would google it, but Torchwood is on in a second.

Thanks to IMDb i have found out what he has been in, sadly, i only know one of these films and one series, never seen it myself but Ghost World and Law and Order

here are the rest:

10th & Wolf
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
Coat Pockets
The Jacket
Hollywood Flies
Mummy an' the Armadillo
The Car Kid
The Job
American Girl
Deuces Wild
Ghost World
Bully
Tart
Happy Campers
The Theory of the Leisure Class
Meter Man
Skipped Parts
Herschel Hopper: New York Rabbit
2 Little, 2 Late
Apt Pupil
Telling Lies in America
Sleepers
Tom and Huck
The Cure
The Client

Anyone recognise any of these films?

BOREDOM STRIKES ME LIKE CANCER ON A SMALL CHILD!

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Glipmac/119459506991.jpg[/IMG]

#16 2008-01-24 00:08:49

Maindrian
Second Place Gaymo

Nope, nothing apart from Ghost World is leaping out at me there. My brother would have me believe most of those films are important in some way. He keeps trying to get me to watch Bully, but alas, what I've seen of it just looks dull as hell.

Even then, I can't remember much about Ghost World apart from it had a really funky indian song in it at the start. And Steve Buscemi.

#17 2008-01-24 12:15:22

Needles
Drinks Fucking Tea!

DiscoFreak wrote:

i couldn't give two shits. he was some overpaid celebrity douchebag who didn't appreciate what had been given to him so freely.

he deserves what he got, fucking OD'ing and all. i hate people that feel sorry for dipshits like this.

Disco, never, EVER use the word Douchebag again...
Its the most American word I have ever known and everytime I see or hear it I want to scrub my skin and eyes with bleech and wire wool to clense myself of the filth of the word...

Needles

Drink Tea

Anonymous wrote:

Banning people is not the only job of an admin. All i've seen from you is that: A ) Anyone who does not share your views over things is wrong and therefore must be banned, and B ) You are completely biased towards England.

(note the views expressed by Needles are not necessarily shared by the Gouranga! Forums staff and sometimes we've never heard of him guv honest, he just loiters around a bit making the place look untidy. your Honour.)

#18 2008-01-24 19:22:00

ameer
cunt smasher!

Douchebag is such an effective term, though. It's just the right word to use to describe certain people. Sometimes there's no better word.

douchebag.jpg

"Cunt" or "asshole" just doesn't capture that ever so annoying pretentiousness.

QV9djMp.jpg

#19 2008-01-24 21:33:38

Alfadog
beats eating it

I think the British equiv. is something along the lines of \"twat\"?

#20 2008-01-24 22:55:24

Needles
Drinks Fucking Tea!

ameer wrote:

Douchebag is such an effective term, though. It's just the right word to use to describe certain people. Sometimes there's no better word.

douchebag.jpg

"Cunt" or "asshole" just doesn't capture that ever so annoying pretentiousness.

I dont like the word Douche or Douchebag because its too American... I makes me physically feel sick when I hear it and the terms its used with your over inflated ego driven nation!
Infact, fuck it, next person to use that word gets the first banz0r of the new year!
Lots of love

Needles

Drink Tea

Anonymous wrote:

Banning people is not the only job of an admin. All i've seen from you is that: A ) Anyone who does not share your views over things is wrong and therefore must be banned, and B ) You are completely biased towards England.

(note the views expressed by Needles are not necessarily shared by the Gouranga! Forums staff and sometimes we've never heard of him guv honest, he just loiters around a bit making the place look untidy. your Honour.)

#21 2008-01-24 23:13:57

Maindrian
Second Place Gaymo

#22 2008-01-24 23:18:46

Will
Shovel Headed Kill Machine

Alfa wrote:

I think the British equiv. is something along the lines of \"twat\"?

Yeah, near enough. That or \"Twunt\" will do.

-My site got deleted-

gold20lm.jpg

yow90.gif

#23 2008-01-25 08:24:09

ameer
cunt smasher!

Needles, you're a douchebag.

Last edited by 161 (2008-01-25 08:34:40)

QV9djMp.jpg

Quick reply

Write your message and submit
Are you a spambot?

Checking if this is requested by a real person and not an automated program.

Board footer