#1 2011-01-29 22:48:34

Maindrian
Second Place Gaymo

Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey Jersey

We would like to express our sincere gratitude for an excellent and informative program. We love your speaking style and had a great time.Marcy and Buddy G.
Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey Jersey http://www.phchandler.co.uk/specials/To … Jersey.asp

Last edited by Icey (2014-12-12 09:43:28)

#2 2011-01-30 00:09:14

Dan Wei

Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey Jersey

You misspelt glorious.

#3 2011-01-30 00:16:21

Maindrian
Second Place Gaymo

Thank you for a life changing experience, you stretched our thoughts and provided a road map for even greater achievement. Gary and Jan D.
Michael Jordan Bulls Jersey http://www.abcindustrial.co.uk/News/Chi … Jersey.asp

Last edited by Icey (2014-12-12 09:43:55)

#4 2011-01-30 01:56:16

Dan Wei

What you have done in developing, assembling and presenting this program is an absolute phenomenon. You have really inspired me, and I'm determined to follow through because of you. Karen M.
NFL Jerseys Wholesale http://www.abcindustrial.co.uk/News/Limited-Jersey.asp

Last edited by Icey (2014-12-12 09:43:40)

#5 2011-01-30 09:35:51

ameer
cunt smasher!

Guys, Crank was terrible. One of the dumbest movies I've ever seen, right alongside The Transporter 2.

I can't imagine how worse Crank 2 must be.

QV9djMp.jpg

#6 2011-01-30 14:20:03

Dan Wei

Ameer, i really don't know how you've suddenly become the guardian for class and decency.

Have we all decided to reverse rolls this year, should i start making threads about headlights now?

#7 2011-01-30 16:31:52

Maindrian
Second Place Gaymo

Transporter 2? Piffle and nonsense. I lost interest in that franchise the moment I realized the awesome rocket-deflected-by-tea-tray maneuver from the trailers of the first film had been cut out of the finished release.

Like it or not, Statham's the Arnie of our times. Crank 2 is his Commando. I think of it that highly.

Edit: Mike Patton's score is great too.

#8 2011-01-30 19:08:01

ameer
cunt smasher!

About three years ago my tolerance for stupid TV shows and movies began to wear thin. It began with things where "omg that's so random" is the joke- Family Guy, Will Ferrell movies- and then grew to action movies that can only be described as "balls retarded"- Transporter 2, Death Race, and Crank come to mind, but this is not just limited to Jason Statham movies.

The worst (or best) part about the above scene: the camera.

QV9djMp.jpg

#9 2011-01-30 19:49:29

Maindrian
Second Place Gaymo

I can't defend Death Race. I can't deny that I didn't enjoy it, but I can't argue. Same with the Transporter films, they're extremely dumb. Crank is a great laugh. Crank 2 however, is the Godfather Part 2 of action movies. I will not back down on that.

My reasoning for picking Statham is partially local pride. His dad lives in my town. There's also the fact that what's the alternative? Vin Diesel? The Pacifier. The Rock? Tooth Fairy. Yeah, every other action guy seems to have skipped ahead to the Junior/Jingle All The Way stage of the Arnie template.

Will Ferrell is hit and miss, but he's nowhere near as annoying as Jack Black.

#10 2011-01-31 02:11:03

2na

Crank was one of the dumbest things I have ever seen.  Transporter was also dumb.  I remember AJ saying Transporter 2 was even worse years ago so I never saw it.  If I’m going to be completely honest can’t say I like balls out action movies, I’d much rather watch something like Training Day / The Borne Identity / Taken / Collateral.  Something that is at least half believable when the bullets start flying.  It's just what I expect if I'm watching a movie from after the year 1990.

80's action movies: Big yes.
90's action movies: Hells yes.
Today's action movies: Sad face.  But today's thrillers / crime movies like above hell yeahs.

I hope you like me and I fit in with your life.

#11 2011-01-31 02:19:58

Dan Wei

2na wrote:

Crank was one of the dumbest things I have ever seen.  Transporter was also dumb.  I remember AJ saying Transporter 2 was even worse years ago so I never saw it.  If I’m going to be completely honest can’t say I like balls out action movies, I’d much rather watch something like Training Day / The Borne Identity / Taken / Collateral.  Something that is at least half believable when the bullets start flying.  It's just what I expect if I'm watching a movie from after the year 1990.

80's action movies: Big yes.
90's action movies: Hells yes.
Today's action movies: Sad face.  But today's thrillers / crime movies like above hell yeahs.

I agree with this, but Crank 2 is beyond fucking compare, I avoided it like the plague for these reasons.

Then i had the best time of my life since i hired all those she male prostitutes.

#12 2011-01-31 02:23:11

Maindrian
Second Place Gaymo

The Bourne films are, by far my favourite spy movies. Last time I saw them, I went through the insane rigmarole of watching the entire trilogy in one go. Kept my attention all the way through, Supremacy is my favourite, it's so grim and desperate. I'd rate Bourne above any James Bond film, including the last two, which I reeeeeeeeeeeeally liked.

Taken is Liam Neeson used to his full potential.

But hey, what do I know? These days, the only genre I really take seriously are science fiction and spaghetti westerns. It's all just opinion. One man's masterpiece is another man's disaster. I will say that The Mechanic does fit more into the crime/thriller mould than the CRAZY ACTION thing.

#13 2011-01-31 02:27:23

Dan Wei

No film shall ever be Seven Samurai, with the possible exception of The Last Starfighter.

#14 2011-01-31 04:15:23

ameer
cunt smasher!

Funny thing is, I like Jason Statham as an actor, but I've never seen him in anything good. I suppose he was half-decent in his role of the antagonist in the remake of The Hitcher (which was not nearly as enjoyable as the B-movie original), and I liked him in the Transporter.

The first 30 minutes of The Transporter was good. When his car exploded, it all went downhill. The Transporter should have been about driving a package to its destination. They got the package part okay, but the movie was seriously lacking in driving. I expected it to be a car movie, and I suspect a lot of other people did to.

And The Transporter 2, shit. In the first movie, I wanted to watch a movie about a wheelman, and the movie couldn't deliver. The second movie, I wanted to watch a movie about a wheelman, and they tried to make Statham into some sort of fucking superhero. The man's job is to deliver a package, and they have him saving the freaking world. So hackneyed. Honestly, he might as well have put on a cape halfway through the movie.

QV9djMp.jpg

#15 2011-01-31 06:34:24

Dan Wei

Ameer let's ignore the fact that we seem to be polar opposites and please just check out Crank 2, even in you hate it you'll at least know.

#16 2011-01-31 06:54:25

2na

ameer wrote:

Funny thing is, I like Jason Statham as an actor, but I've never seen him in anything good. I suppose he was half-decent in his role of the antagonist in the remake of The Hitcher (which was not nearly as enjoyable as the B-movie original), and I liked him in the Transporter.

The first 30 minutes of The Transporter was good. When his car exploded, it all went downhill. The Transporter should have been about driving a package to its destination. They got the package part okay, but the movie was seriously lacking in driving. I expected it to be a car movie, and I suspect a lot of other people did to.

And The Transporter 2, shit. In the first movie, I wanted to watch a movie about a wheelman, and the movie couldn't deliver. The second movie, I wanted to watch a movie about a wheelman, and they tried to make Statham into some sort of fucking superhero. The man's job is to deliver a package, and they have him saving the freaking world. So hackneyed. Honestly, he might as well have put on a cape halfway through the movie.

Lock Stock and Snatch are two of my favorite movies, Statham is the shit when he is cast right.

I hope you like me and I fit in with your life.

#17 2011-01-31 06:56:52

ameer
cunt smasher!

Dan Wei wrote:

Ameer let's ignore the fact that we seem to be polar opposites and please just check out Crank 2, even in you hate it you'll at least know.

I searched for it on YouTube, because I wanted to see where Mandy's gif came from. I saw the bit where he smurfs Amy Smart at the horse track and we get to see Smart's body double's boobs, and the scene where he drives a Cadillac whinging on the phone and then has some cholos hook jumper cables to his teat. I've seen all I've needed to see- this movie looks balls retarded.

Fact is, Crank was written and directed by cinematographers. They wanted an excuse to do silly camera effects. And I'm glad they had fun, but it's just so completely stupid.

QV9djMp.jpg

#18 2011-01-31 08:15:29

Dan Wei

Youtube.... pft.

#19 2011-01-31 19:06:25

Azz
the barbarian. grrr
Website

He was great in the football film where he played a psycho. Erm, possibly the uk version of mean machine? Something like that.

I really like him, I love the unashamed dumbness of some of his films. The two he did with Jet Li weren't bad, think one was Chaos.

Watched Rocknrolla again saturday night, that's a film that blatantly had a spot for Jason Statham.

http://azz.gouranga.com
est. 1998
(I am oldskoolier than joo)

#20 2011-02-01 00:30:32

ameer
cunt smasher!

2na wrote:

Lock Stock and Snatch are two of my favorite movies, Statham is the shit when he is cast right.

I remember hearing about Snatch so I'll probably check that one out. Those sort of serious and stylized gangster movies you like Andy, that sort of Guy Ritchie stuff, while they're really not my cup of tea, I can definitely understand the appeal. I'll just have to wait til I'm in the right mood. I'm sure Statham will be right at home in those movies.

Another movie where I liked him was The Italian Job remake from 2003, which was a totally forgettable movie, but I remember liking his character, Handsome Rob.

Last edited by 161 (2011-02-01 00:40:50)

QV9djMp.jpg

#21 2011-02-03 23:49:28

Maindrian
Second Place Gaymo

Now, this. This I could watch the living fuck out of. The second clip is all the more awesome for having Tom Atkins in it for a fraction of a second.

Quick reply

Write your message and submit
Are you a spambot?

Checking if this is requested by a real person and not an automated program.

Board footer