#1 2011-10-26 02:28:16

Inky
is a pie

GTA V

Edit: Okay so http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/a … 10211.html

Seems the trailer for the next Grand Theft Auto will debut on November 2nd.

Last edited by 774 (2011-10-26 20:09:40)

#2 2011-11-02 16:02:53

Mewish

Re: GTA V

http://videos.rockstargames.com/streams/V-en_us-trailer1-mp4-1280.mp4

#3 2011-11-02 16:07:51

Mewish

It's San Andreas. It's awesome.

#4 2011-11-03 01:17:23

Inky
is a pie

I really, really hope that San Fierro and Las venturas are in there as well. Some have pointed out that the fact there are jets could hint at other locations, as well as Mt. Chilliad was in San Fierro in San Andreas. Even so if it is just Los Santos I'm sure it'll be good.

#5 2012-07-06 09:17:08

deeepthroatgta6

It has been 8 months since the trailer. Is anyone here looking forward to and waiting for GTAV?
Thoughts about the game?

#6 2012-07-06 11:54:25

Dan Wei

It's GTA IV's engine with RDR's view scaling.

#7 2012-07-06 12:44:38

deeepthroatgta6

Dan Wei wrote:

It's GTA IV's engine with RDR's view scaling.

It is the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created. It is a bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer.

#8 2012-07-06 16:29:39

Maindrian
Second Place Gaymo

Wasn't Max Payne 3 basically a dry run for new key dev team members on this one? I remember reading something to that extent. If it's the case, I hope this means the gunplay will be as fluid. God, those mechanics in a city environment? It'd be heaven. I say this based only on a quick ten minuite play of MP3, btw. Very impressed. Do miss the comic book cutscenes, but eh...

I think we're at the state where we can go quietly lurk The Pits and look up all the crazy lists of things the fans want in the game. I'll never get over that one guy years ago, when I think it was San Andreas came out, he was all "I want to pee on things! I want to kill people and piss on them!" It's odd too, San Andreas did feel very much like a fan's wet dream in the end. Not sure if that's a good thing or not, but I for one, at the time, loved the shit out of it.

I must make a point to nick my brother's PS3 and actually bother to play GTAIV for more than half an hour. I've literally only ever played it to fuck about and push people into lakes and down stairs, like Jackass: The Arcade game. It isn't that it didn't look very good for anything other than that, I just don't think it had the same effect on me as the leap from GTA2 to 3 did, where I went "HOLY CRAP, I GOTTA GET ME A PS2, NOW!" To be honest, that's very probably down to age more than anything. I'm just not compelled by newer games, go figure. I can appreciate mechanics and new wooshy graphics, but literally the only two games of recent years I've ever played all the way to the end are Portal 2 and Arkham Asylum.

It doesn't help that I think the medium as a whole is going through a rather obnoxious phase where even consoles aren't safe from the disease of  social networking. I don't want a fucking life tool. I don't want to talk to people on my X-box live, I don't want to be online, I don't want to be called "Limey Fag" by some ten year old. I want to slap the disc in the tray, play the fucking game. And of course, everything I hated about PC gaming a decade ago? The massive installs? The stupid copy protection lengths that actually make me not want to bother?

Eh, this is probably for another topic. Blame it on Touge feeding me horror stories. I always look forward to a GTA game, wether I end up actually playing it properly or not because you know it's not just "Next Game in Franchise", you know they'll be trying something new out as they go and I appreciate that.

#9 2012-07-06 17:50:22

deeepthroatgta6

To me, its definitely about the story. I'm a serious fan of Dan Houser and his imaginations.

The other thing which appeals me is their creativity in adding new features to the open world gameplay. The leaps they make with every next GTA never let the series get old. GTA is not any other game, its the real game.

#10 2012-07-06 19:38:12

Dan Wei

Maindrian wrote:

. I always look forward to a GTA game, wether I end up actually playing it properly or not because you know it's not just "Next Game in Franchise", you know they'll be trying something new out as they go and I appreciate that.

Pretty much this, I know the humour will likely be good and I've appreciated the cinematic approach they've taken. But I'm not going to be swallowed by hype, the games world is a very different place these days and it's very doubtful they'll take risks with a formula that's paid off for them before (LA NOIRE anyone?).

So I think it'll be more of the same personally, that's not even a bad thing.

#11 2012-07-07 10:25:35

Fragdieb2

I've got a bit mixed feelings about GTA V. On the one hand, it is pretty certain that Rockstar will provide quality work again, with a thrilling story, decent graphics and mostly enjoyable gameplay. On the other hand, I'm a bit disappointed that they are again reusing an already know location, and for the sake of bad luck Los Santos is my least favourite one. Besides, the concept of sandbox games seems to have reached it's borders recently, so I can't really imagine how R* can put something completely new and innovative into it, which has so far always been the case for every new GTA.

Regardless of this, I will most likely get GTA V anyway and try to find time to give it its deserved share of playtime.

-temporary placeholder for a new cool signature-

#12 2012-07-07 14:53:50

Maindrian
Second Place Gaymo

The way each generation of GTA has worked has been kind of interesting if you look closely at them.

For all intents and purposes, the first two (three if you count London, but I don't, it's shit.) are the barebones GTA experience. The first is the beginning of the idea, it's as well implemented for the time as it could be, kind of shaky as far as mission structure and difficulty went, but going on rampages made it all worthwhile. The second? Refined that to into a sharp, shiny machine. Sure, there are some who dislike it, but for me, it's the pinnacle of GTA's early days and about as far as the 2d format could be taken.

Next generation jump, GTA3. Back then, of course, it felt like a living, breathing city, full of lovely little details but looking back on it, it feels barebones again. Vice City, smaller city area, but oddly enough, greater scope of things to do. Taking that engine to its extreme is San Andreas, which is where my theory kicks in. Outside of GTA, I began to get the impression that perhaps all Rockstars other projects were feeding into their main series somewhat. So to this end, you have the improved aiming system which echoes Manhunt and so on.

Latest generation, take it back to square one for IV, scale back on all the fluff of San Andreas, concentrate on building a new engine, new physics, new everything. The feel is still there, but it's been sharpened.

So, what I'm going to guess for GTAIV is this. We will get the same game engine with a few new tricks. That's fine. That's clearly been Rockstar's mandate from 3 onwards; Build a game engine, build on that engine from projects outside of the series. On top of that of course, all the reams and reams of dialogue and detail and so on. My only hope is for the car physics to be tightened up a little.

#13 2012-07-08 19:40:42

deeepthroatgta6

Looking at RDR and MP3, GTA V would surely turn out to be what San Andreas was for GTA III.
Also, it is most probably the last GTA on the current gen consoles, so it is sure to be the ultimate one for the current gen.

What are your views on DLCs??

#14 2012-07-09 00:25:29

Maindrian
Second Place Gaymo

My view on DLC's? Fuck 'em. Another relic of the PC days that should have died out and then had its grave pissed on.

I've no real issue with extra game content, but a lot of the DLC stuff I see tends to be "A cool new costume!" and so on. That's one thing I can at least count on Rockstar doing right with GTA though, from what I understand they're good at that sort of thing. They're a long way from the days of GTA:London. Which, I must repeat because it cannot be stressed enough, WAS SHIT. Had some nice sounds. A few amusing ped voices. That's all.

I can picture some old board member coming back, somehow remembering his password, logging in, seeing "GTA: LONDON = SHIT" and bursting into tears. That thought makes me smile. I am Ahab, London is my whale.

#15 2012-07-09 01:08:24

deeepthroatgta6

RDR and MP3 have similar DLCs and they're just add ons for multiplayer but what GTA IV had as DLCs were completely new games. I expect similar for GTA V. No one wants a new arena map or new weapons or anything of that sorts when it comes to GTA. There are modders to give them those goodies but a DLC for GTA is a complete game on its own and who would hate a new GTA game anytime?

GTA LONDON = SHIT has me laughing already. Never played the 2D GTAs.

#16 2012-07-09 11:28:08

Fragdieb2

I liked how the DLCs for GTA IV were done, integrating new storylines and adding some fine-polish to GTA IV. It definitely felt like getting way more for your money than the usual \"one new car, 2 shiny guns and a school girl outfit\" DLCs.

On the topic of GTA LONDON, I actually liked it, except that I would always crash into oncomming traffic for the first 15 minutes as all those idiots were always driving on the wrong side of the road!

#17 2012-07-10 17:03:14

deeepthroatgta6

This is kind of off topic so pardon me. I was searching for the exact release date of the first GTA. It is in October 1997.
This October, the series will complete 15 years.

#18 2012-07-10 17:47:21

Fragdieb2

15 years? now I feel old... time to party anyway!

#19 2012-07-10 17:55:59

deeepthroatgta6

I find it weird that there is no exact release date and day for GTA on the interwebz.

#20 2012-07-11 13:59:56

Dan Wei

Probs because of the drama over it's release. Different stores said no etc, some released it later.

It was a different world.

#21 2012-07-11 16:04:15

Fragdieb2

And in addition to that drama, it was released by a bunch of different distributors for each country in europe on different dates, so it's pretty much impossible to find out the first release date.

#22 2012-07-11 16:14:19

deeepthroatgta6

I should have known that it was a different world. Thanks for the answer though. So October is the fifteenth anniversary, I figure. They plan to release GTAs in October, isn't it?

#23 2012-07-11 17:08:14

Inky
is a pie

They try to usually it seems, though with GTA IV it was delayed and came out much later. I would really be happy to hear GTA V's releasing in October this year, especially with it coinciding with the 15th anniversary but it almost seems like it could be too soon.

#24 2012-07-12 10:28:19

deeepthroatgta6

Yet GTA IV was planned to be released in October before it got delayed.

October 2012 seems fine to me for GTA V's release. A year after announcement and on the 15th Anniversary of GTA. Hoping for the best.

#25 2012-07-12 14:52:18

deeepthroatgta6

[IMG]http://media.rockstargames.com/rockstargames/img/global/news/upload/newswire_1342100433.jpg[/IMG]
newswire_1342100464.jpg
New screenshots.

Last edited by 4029 (2012-07-12 15:02:30)

Quick reply

Write your message and submit
Are you a spambot?

Checking if this is requested by a real person and not an automated program.

Board footer