#1 2014-05-31 23:51:41

[deleted]
Still MOD-elect
Website

Accident.

Was t-boned by a Tahoe in a Silverado yesterday evening.

Was leaving work. Said "see you later, dumbos" to my coworkers, walked out the door, hopped in my truck, pulled out of the parking lot and was sitting at a red light.

Maybe two minutes total passed since my quip to my coworkers and the light at the corner (not five feet from the fence around the car lot) turns green.

I hear "HONK HONK HONK HONK HOOOOOOOONK HONK HONK!!!!" and, seeing as how there's hardly anyone around me, I turn my head around (turning left to look over my shoulder) to see why the fuck they're honking.

As I'm turning, I see it - a GIANT Chevy bowtie just inches from my face, eye level.

Then BAM!

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/sNyJSFxl.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/SoWETUul.jpg[/IMG]

Anyway, I'm not hurt. For that I'm very grateful. I wasn't wearing a seatbelt (a bad habit of mine) and I managed to bring my feet up and curl into a ball as I was realizing that yep, that was 'it'. When I looked at where my feet were when the truck stopped moving, the door was bent over the dead pedal my left foot was resting on just seconds before I was hit. But I didn't hurt. To tell the truth, I didn't really even feel the impact. Obviously it was a solid hit, it dogged the frame, but it didn't hurt like, say, the last time I was rear-ended.

Anyway, I'm not posting this because "oh feel bad for me the PAIN". I'm just venting. My biggest problem isn't so much that the accident happened at all. The truck is inconsequential, if anything I'll make money when it totals out. But my issue is this - in that split second, as I watched that bowtie get closer and closer, absolutely eye-level with me, all I thought was "that was it? no do-overs?".

Anyway, not to preach like it was really a near-death or anything, but it's really messed with my head. I couldn't drive home last night. I called every single friend I had until one of my neighbors was willing to drive her son to me so he could drive my car home and she could give me a ride. I drove to work this morning, but I couldn't go above 30mph without tensing so hard my jaw hurt. Any time I saw a car move AT ALL in my line of sight, my heart skipped a beat and I lost my breath.

Today, it was raining (like it was yesterday during the crash). If my windshield got wet, I would panic and have to pull over until I calmed down. It took me two hours to drive about thirteen miles.

Anyway, I don't know what to do. I have to go get groceries and cleaning supplies and pot, all of which are within five miles of home, but the thought of driving has me so anxious and paranoid that I'm choosing to, instead, drink a bottle or two of wine and vent out my anger at my inability to cope with simple situations to you fine people.

What's weirder, still, is that I've picked up and fixed HUNDREDS of accidents WAAAAAAY worse than this. But I guess the repairer's disconnect makes it easier to not really grasp the gravity of it all.

Anyway, bye.

tonymanero-1.gifTICJHg8.giftonymanero-1.gif

#2 2014-06-01 06:10:20

PissBeagle195
Shitcakes
Website

Re: Accident.

disco2 wrote:

Anyway, I'm not hurt. For that I'm very grateful.

:cry:

#3 2014-06-01 06:32:22

That Shit Touge
^____________^;;

That's what happens when you drive on DRUGS.

game519fb.gif8942268765_1aea1d441a_o.gifgame519fb.gif
STORY OF MY LIFE: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

#4 2014-06-02 01:45:22

Inky
is a pie

I think the best remedy is to head on over to a steakhouse and eat some steak and drink some beers. Maybe finish the meal off with a cigar. Basically have a real TEXAS STYLE MEAL Y'ALL. Then you'll be all pumped with 'Murica and you'll be back to your old self.

#5 2014-06-02 07:58:39

deeepthroatgta6

Disco, you should take up flying school to deal with this situation. That or a roller coaster ride after a king sized joint.

You could have been dead right now but you aren't and instead you have morbidity. Where I live, we call it a symptom of death leaving you because you smelled horrible. Get some deo, mate.

#6 2014-06-02 12:12:58

2na

shit man sucks that your having a hard time.

I guess you can tell yourself 'this to shall pass'

You'll be fine maaaaate.

You know on the way home I saw some little car move into the overtaking lane without checking his mirrors with a big truck comming up right behind him, it was CLOSE.  Roads are dangerous we surround our-selfs in metal boxes and fly though space at 80 mph, and we have to worry about how much others are paying attention...

I hope you like me and I fit in with your life.

#7 2014-06-02 16:16:46

[deleted]
Still MOD-elect
Website

I'll be alright sooner than I thought.

I eventually *had* to drive yesterday as there wasn't much for me to cook, so I just got in the car and made myself drive. I drove around the block like 500 times until I felt comfortable enough to not get scared shitless at the intersections. Then I went to the grocery store.

Drove to work okay. Still got a little anxious at intersections, but it's mostly subsided. A week or two and I'll barely remember it.

tonymanero-1.gifTICJHg8.giftonymanero-1.gif

#8 2014-06-03 00:05:46

Maindrian
Second Place Gaymo

Well, that's a relief. Glad you're feeling better, Disco.

85305efdd72a102c6f368bc0627b695c.jpg

#9 2014-06-03 14:25:43

PissBeagle195
Shitcakes
Website

Maindrian wrote:

Well, that's a relief. Glad you're feeling better, Disco.

85305efdd72a102c6f368bc0627b695c.jpg

This is fucking WIN.

#10 2014-06-04 04:26:54

ameer
cunt smasher!

Glad you're doing alright. Looks a lot like my car after I got t-boned.

pMy2P8W.jpg
mJAefEs.jpg

QV9djMp.jpg

#11 2014-06-04 22:00:04

Maindrian
Second Place Gaymo

Quick reply

Write your message and submit
Are you a spambot?

Checking if this is requested by a real person and not an automated program.

Board footer